He also has a little art and building space in his bedroom where he can create and draw away from his two younger brothers. His space is a little Montessori and a little Reggio inspired, and very personalized to his current interests. Here is a quick tour!
- Loose parts for gluing
- Book rings for making books
- Scissors, tape, and string
- A compass; when I bought this all he could do who circles everywhere for days!
- Crayons, glue and good markers that only he is allowed to use
On the wall he has a paper file that holds different types of paper that encourage paper creations and writing. From top to bottom:
- Colored paper
- Scrap-booking paper (from my old unused, pre-kids, stack)
- White paper
- Letters and numbers stickers
- Blank notebooks
- Note cards and envelopes
- Finished books
- Finished artwork
- Finished artwork from school
- Wood beads and steel wires
- Letter stamps and a stamp pad
- Loose wood parts and corks
The bottom shelf is where all his constructions go and below are a few of his favorite creations: a boat, a laptop and a wood beads structure.